Summer Playground Instructor
- Loves kids.
- Demonstrated experience working with children.
- Ability to teach and lead various recreational activities
- Excellent character, integrity and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of age and skill levels.
- The desire and ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Pass a PA State background check and Child Abuse Clearance.
- Completed one year of college, at least 18 years of age, or successful employment in child care.
- Available for shifts between 7am-5:30pm, Monday – Friday from June 4 - August 10.
- American Red Cross CPR certification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of participants.
- Learn the likes and dislikes of each camper.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for group problem solving.
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp.
- Encourage respect for personal property, camp equipment and facilities.
- Set a good example for campers in all areas, including cleanliness, punctuality, clean-up chores, rules, and sportsmanship.
- Guide campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Supervise, assist instructors and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day.
- Meet/communicate regularly with Director regarding concerns, updates, and challenges.
- Submit all required paperwork on time.
- Hourly Rate: $8.50
Application should be submitted by mail or email to:
Tyler Fairchild, SCPRA Director
677 Orrstown Road, Shippensburg, PA 17257